ROCKET & BALLOON ACTIVITIES
SSC’s launch facility, Esrange Space Center, is located about 40 km east of Kiruna. Here you can find rocket launchers for various types of sounding rockets, a balloon launch pad with the size of 40 football fields, a restaurant and a hotel for the scientists and technicians who come here from all over the world. Launches can also take place elsewhere depending on the scientific mission requirements.
Upcoming & Ongoing
- The REXUS/BEXUS programme is realized under a bilateral Agency Agreement between the German Aerospace Center (DLR) and the Swedish National […]
- NASA summer campaign 2018 at Esrange Space Center Long-duration balloon flights at northern latitudes
- The TEXUS project is a sounding rocket program with the primary aim to investigate the properties and behavior of materials, […]
- The REXUS/BEXUS programme is realised under a bilateral Agency Agreement between the German Aerospace Center (DLR) and the Swedish National […]
- In order to achieve the 100 km suborbital flight goal, a new series of rockets are currently under development called […]