ROCKET & BALLOON ACTIVITIES
SSC’s launch facility, Esrange Space Center, is located about 40 km east of Kiruna. Here you can find rocket launchers for various types of sounding rockets, a balloon launch pad with the size of 40 football fields, a restaurant and a hotel for the scientists and technicians who come here from all over the world. Launches can also take place elsewhere depending on the scientific mission requirements.
Years of experience
Upcoming & Ongoing
- The REXUS/BEXUS programme is realized under a bilateral Agency Agreement between the German Aerospace Center (DLR) and the Swedish National […]
- HEMERA is a balloon infrastructure project, funded by the European Commission within its programme Horizon2020. In this programme, six zero […]
- ESA is planning to send a Martian lander to Mars in 2020. The lander is named ExoMars 2020.
- MASER is a sounding rocket program for microgravity research developed and managed by SSC. MASER 14 rocket was launched on […]
- ATEK is a German sounding rocket mission financed by the DLR research and development program “Space Research and Technology”. The […]