Our global station network, Universal Space Network, supports a wide range of
missions and applications.
LEOP – Launch and Early Orbit Services
Our engineers are extremely well-trained and highly skilled in the demands of launch preparations and day of launch support, as well as being expert at acquiring that all important “first contact” with the spacecraft.
SSC's LEOP services can be used for a variety of missions, including Geostationary Transfer Orbit Service (GEO-TOS), Lunar excursion and Deep Space escape orbits, as well as Low Earth Orbiting missions for many applications.
SSC not only supports spacecraft launch operations, but also services the launch vehicle as well, and sometimes both simultaneously. This is experience and capability you cannot find anywhere else in the world.
Our launch support services include:
- Pre-launch engineering and management effort to prepare PrioraNet for the launch
- Orbit insertion support and very critical first acquisition with the satellite and maneuvers to place the satellite in its intended orbit
- Coverage when there is visibility, 24 by 7 availability at the Network Management Center
- In orbit testing support, when required, to ensure that all on-board systems operate well in preparation for commissioning the satellite
- LEOP services for geostationary and polar orbiting satellites and long duration GEO-TOS operations typically encountered with XIPS (Xenon-Ion Propulsion) technology
- LEOP services in S-Band, X-Band at all stations and C-Band, Ku-Band and Ka-Band at some Universal Space Network locations